Happy Thursday everyone!!
I've had these pictures for a few weeks now. I was planning on writing a valentines day "date idea" list and all I could come up with was going camping and animal themed dates. (hey, it's who I am!)
Anyways, I scrapped the old post and had to think of something to write for these pictures. I finally got the idea for this topic when fellow blogger @wanderlustkyla asked me how I maintain my pink hair (thank you!!).
Click "read more" to learn how I dye and maintain my pastel pink hair... at home!!
The first time I dyed my hair pink I got it done at a salon in Beverly Hills because I wanted it to be perfect. It cost way too much money and the color started to fade after the first wash. I went back and they redid it for free since it hadn't lasted... and then I went back again two days later to redo it again.
The stylist finally showed me the color she was using and said I could find it at any beauty supply store for twenty something dollars a tube. I'm more of an online shopper so I went ahead and found the same color on amazon... for $12 a tube!!
Pravana Chromasilk Pastels Pretty in Pink
How to apply:
1. I get my hair professionally bleached white blonde before doing my color.
If your hair is already blonde but it's been awhile since you went to the salon, I recommend using a purple shampoo to strip any brassy-ness out of it.
Once you have a good blonde color, order 3-4 tubes of color. I get four and have semi long, thick hair. Open each tube one at a time and only use enough dye to cover all of your hair. You should have one to two unopened tubes when you're done.
2. Leave the color on for an hour or longer. The instructions say half an hour but if you do this it will fall out immediately. Your hair will be really pink at first, but after one wash you'll get the pink color seen in these images.
3. Rinse it out with minimal shampoo and tons of conditioner. Softly pat it dry before you blow dry it and use a hot tool on it afterwards. The heat helps to seal in the color.
How to Maintain your pastel pink hair:
1. Buy some dry shampoo and wash your hair sparingly. I use Lush's "Drought" dry shampoo and haven't washed my hair since Monday.
2. When you do wash your hair use a small amount of shampoo and ONLY put it on your roots. I massage my entire scalp with a drop of shampoo with my head upside down so it doesn't touch the rest of my hair.
3. Afterwards, mix half a tube of pink dye with your normal amount of conditioner. Use the mixture on your hair and leave it on for ten minutes.
4. Blow dry and use a hot tool to seal in the color!
5. Brush Sparingly!
Well, that's my Pink Hair routine!
Leave any questions in the comments! I'm also a pro at stripping the color out before going back to work haha.
And for my fellow animal lovers, here's some valentines day date ideas:
1. Wine tasting at Malibu Wine Safari before a night camping at Leo Carillo
P.S. Pizza delivery from Malibu reaches the Leo Carillo campsites
2. Shark Lagoon night at the Long Beach Aquarium
Free entry with drinks available for purchase!
3. Adopt a pet together!!!!
(This is a hint for S...*cough*)